In the middle of chaos and fusion, Mumbai a.k.a. Bombay offers varieties of people, places, food and dreams. So, in the true spirit of this city's energy and charisma, we bring you a list of things you can do in Mumbai in less than Rs.100/-
1. Watch A Movie at Maratha Mandir, preferably DDLJ.
This theatre gives you the feel to watch any movie with all the hooting, shouting and clapping at just Rs.20.
2. Have Delicious Vada Pav and Cutting Chai
You will find this at every nook and cranny of the city to fill your hungry tummies at any hour with a glass of cutting chai. No better way to experience Mumbai!
3. Photograph in front of Gateway of India
Get a photograph clicked by a local photographer at Rs. 50 at the Gateway of India.
4. Dessert at Theobroma
Hog on a slice of pastry or a pie at Theo's if you have sweet tooth. Theobroma is available at various places in Mumbai like – Bandra, Colaba and Powai.
5. Travelling in the local trains
Cheapest mode of transport offers you shoving, pushing and the essence of Mumbai at it's best. “Pudhil station Dadar aahe”.
6. Wishing Lantern at Marine Drive
Light the wishing lantern at the Marine Drive at 3am while gazing at the queen's necklace and feeling the energy of the city.
7. Chuski at Juhu Beach
Enjoy “Chuski” in various flavors at Juhu Beach while watching the sunset.
8. Thrift Shopping at Colaba
This market offers junk jewellery, clothes and souvenirs at very cheap rates.
9. Painting Outside Jehangir Art Gallery
Various budding artists display their art in front of the gallery at prices as low as Rs.50.
10. Soak in the Victoria Terminus a.k.a. Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus Station.
Get lost in the enormousness of this station and its history.
11. Visit Haji Ali
How many times have you thought about doing this but shirked. Literally sitting on the sea, the walk to Haji Ali is an unparalleled experience. There is no entry fee to enter the shrine. So plan a trip soon!
12. Get A 11 Rupee Massage at Girgaum Chowpatty
Stressed out with work and don't have money for a spa. You know where to go!
13. Stand Outside Shahrukh Khan's House (Mannat)
Well, if you're an SRK fan, you can go right outside his house in Bandra and if you're lucky, you might be able to see him as well.
14. Stand Outside Amitabh Bachchan's Houses in Juhu (Jalsa, Pratiksha and Janak)
Yes. Amitabh Bachchan has 3 houses in Juhu and he does come out to greet his fans!
15. Go For The Midnight Mass to Mahim Church
St. Michaels Church, Mahim
So, if you live in Mumbai, visit this city for work, travel, leisure or otherwise, take out some time to indulge yourself into little somethings this city has to offer.