Mumbaikars have always had a deep sense of pride on their city and its growth. Here we have endeavored to provide more than one reason for them to be proud all over again. Being ruled by a diverse set of rulers, Mumbai has undergone landmark changes but it's essence has remained the same.
This story has truly been a photographers' delight and I'm determined to keep snapping every inch of Mumbai!
1. Bombay (Mumbai) Harbour Scene – 1880’s
2. Beautiful Architechture in Bombay (Mumbai) – c1890’s
3. A Bombay (Mumbai) Drygoods Store – c1920’s
4. An Indian Soldier Leads Away a Hindu Rioter In a Debris Strewn Street Of Bombay (Mumbai) – 1946
Fun Photographer Tip: I hate carrying a heavy tripod and multiple lenses and a super expensive camera in my bag.. If you are like me, then you can maybe opt for a handy option like a smartphone with an awesome camera that lets you capture stills and videos beautifully.. And honestly, it makes my life so much more easier since I need to upload all the photos I take to my Insta & FB..!
5. Chor Bazar
6. Busy Street Scene in Bombay (Mumbai) b- c1880’s
7. Bombay Harbour, from the Apollo Pier, 1855-1862
8. Jain Temple, Byculla Railway Station, Bombay (Mumbai), 1855-1862
9. Tramway Company Office
10. The Victoria Terminus in Bombay, one of the finest stations in the world
Enjoy Taking Photos Like These Without Carryin a Heavy and Expensive Camera Around. The XOLO Black's awesome new camera is just for the photographer & instagrammer in you!
11. Bombay Courthouse, 1850
12. Old Gateway of India – Mumbai
13. The Port, Bombay
14. Women Gather At A Party In Mumbai (Bombay) in 1910
15. Monkey Temple ; Kalbadevi Road ; Old Bombay
16. Streets of Mumbai (19th Century)
17. Ships in Bombay Harbour (c. 1731). Bombay emerged as a significant trading town during the mid-18th century.
18. Asiatic Society Library, Mumbai
19. Mail Train at Poona new station
20. Fisher Women of Bombay
21. Cornwallis Monument and Secretariat, Bombay (Mumbai), 1855-1862
22. The Cathedral, Bombay (Mumbai), 1855-1862
23. Bombay Police, 1855-1862
24. Elphinstone College and Sassoon Library – Late 19th Century
25. Panorma of Bombay (Mumbai) – 1870
26. Group of Brahmins, Bombay (Mumbai) – 1870
27. The Coconut Festival, Bombay (Mumbai) – 1870
28. General Elections Campaingning Press Photograh – Bombay (Mumbai) 1967
29. The Taj Mahal Palace Hotel – Bomaby (Mumbai) – 1908
30. Marine Drive 1930
Hope you enjoyed reading this one. And enjoyed your ride through the years!